Recent and upcoming presentations
- 24–28 May, 2018. Invited talk at the
26th Manchester Phonology Meeting, Manchester.
- 8–9 March, 2018. Invited talk "Probability in phonotactic acquisition and loanword perception" at the DGfS
Applications of probability theory in linguistics, Stuttgart.
- 9 February, 2018. Talk together with Laura Downing "Investigating the diachronic fate of NTh in Bantu languages"
at Fonologi i Norden, Lund.
- 14 January, 2018. Talk "Ghost phonemes in second languages – How orthography can create contrasts without
perceptual correlates" at the
15th Old World Conference in Phonology, London.
- 30 November, 2017. Talk "Diachronic changes in loanword adaptations are due to differences in the
adaptors' perception grammars" at the
Third Edinburgh Symposium on Historical Phonology, Edinburgh.
- 29 November, 2017. Talk together with Laura Downing "The phonetics of NCh in Tumbuka and implications for diachronic change"
at the Fringe workshop on
Laryngeal Features in Historical Phonology (LaryngeFringe), Edinburgh.
- August 3, 2017. Talk together with Jasmin Pfeifer "Congenital amusia in dizygotic twins: A case study"
at the 25th Anniversary Conference of the
European Society for the Cognitive Sciences of Music (ESCOM), Ghent.